Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has received a new update which brings it to version 1.3.1. Available now on the Nintendo Switch and Wii U, this version corrects a few bugs. More importantly, it introduces Tips From The Wild on the Switch, which is a new channel dedicated to Zelda.
Interestingly enough, Tips From The Wild can be used to earn in-game items. Nintendo made sure to clarify that some items may not be available “depending on your game progress and location”. It’s also not clear what items can actually be earned but regardless, the channel can found in Home menu’s News tab from August 9th onwards.
As for other changes, the update fixes issues with The Master Trials DLC which saw certain enemies not contributing to one’s completion rate once defeated. You can check out the full patch notes below find out what other fixes have been introduced to “improve gameplay”.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild released in March alongside the Nintendo Switch and has thus far sold 4 million copies. You can check out our official review here to learn more about it.
- We have fixed the issue in Pack 1: The Master Trials of the Expansion Pass, in which defeating certain enemies for Kilton was not counted toward completion when playing in Master Mode.
- In-game items can now be obtained from launching the software from certain articles distributed through a new News channel (“The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Tips from the Wild”) which can be accessed through News on the Home menu.
- This channel is expected to open on 8/9/2017.
- Depending on your game progress and location, certain items may not be obtainable.
- Various fixes to improve gameplay.