Super Mighty Power Man is a genuine 2D action-platformer reminiscent of video games from the late 80’s and early 90’s. It is like games found on the NES console when fun was more than QTE, lengthy tutorials, and never-ending cinematics.
Super Mighty Power Man is greatly inspired by the famous Mega Man game series as well as others including: Castlevania, Contra, Duck Tales, Kirby, Super Mario Bros., and more recent ones like VVVVVV, Retro City Rampage, and Shovel Knight. Besides being a true homage to all games of the NES legendary gaming era, it is above all else a tribute to the renowned Blue Bomber and a testament to our passion for the games that marked our childhood.
Play as Corey, a gutsy kid who accidentally finds himself caught in a most unexpected adventure to save the galaxy. Helped by a clumsy extraterrestrial robot named Robby, and armed with a mysterious device called ‘The Power Grasp’, Corey must defend the Earth from the spreading evil forces of General Mok. He will need to fight (and jump) his way through deadly environments, hordes of monsters, and other hazardous traps to free occupied planets from the tyranny of his enemy’s lieutenants.
‘The Power Grasp’ grants Corey superhuman powers, allowing him to merge with other lifeforms and become one of the many forms of Super Mighty Power Man!
Retro and Brand New Gameplay Features
Super Mighty Power Man takes us right back to where it all began, that is the golden-age of straightforward, fun gameplay. Since our very first day creating Super Mighty Power Man, we knew that our goal was to include the coolest game mechanics and features from NES and SNES favorites. We simply took the best aspects and adapted them into a fresh, new game. We are truly thrilled with the results!
Those who were lucky enough to have lived through the great gaming era of the 80’s and 90’s will be delighted to play Super Mighty Power Man and experience these mechanics once again. Super Mighty Power Man will also appeal to younger gamers, who will experience today’s games with fresh eyes as they discover that many gameplay elements of today’s great games come from the good oldies.
Super Mighty Power Man players can switch between 8 different suits: human boy (default), ant, eel, falcon, cat, crab, ape, or the 8th suit which is still a secret. Each suit has its own weapon and special moves. For instance, the Falcon suit allows you to glide for some time and perform a high jump, while the Eel suit allows you to swim and freely move underwater.
Key Features in Nutshell
- Experience a 2D action-platformer in the purest NES form without sacrificing any of today’s technological advancements.
- Ability to switch between 8 different suits and master their respective weapons and abilities!
- Excellent responsive controls to test your skills in different environments filled with traps and enemies!
- Cool gameplay elements and level design!
- True 8-bit NES aesthetics featuring colorful sprites and backgrounds!
- Cute and appealing cast of characters introduced via short, humorous cinematics.
- Encounters with countless different creatures and defeat giant bosses!
- Levels packed with secrets, alternative paths, and items to collect!
- Complete the full collection and the various objectives to unlock new features.
- Awesome NES chiptune soundtracks with cool melodies and catchy rhythms!
- Full support of all types of controllers and customizable personal settings.