31 seconds ago
Famitsu has released data for video game software sales (hardware sales figures haven’t yet been published) in Japan for the first week of 2020 (ending January 5), and the new year has begun much like the previous one ended- with Pokemon Sword and Shield once again dominating the sales (like it did last week, and all weeks since its release), selling over 196,000 units.
In fact, just like the previous week, every single game in the top 10 this week is a Switch title. Luigi’s Mansion 3 continues to show surprisingly long legs, hanging on to second place with over 52,000 units sold, while Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in third place is only trailing by a gap of less than three hundred units.
Much of the top 10 is dominated by games we’ve become used to seeing in these charts of late, including the likes of Minecraft, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Ring Fit Adventure, Super Mario Party, and more. Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training, which debuted in eighth place last week, has actually seen more sales this week, coming in at No. 7 with over 41,000 units sold.
You can check out the full top 10 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
01. [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield – 196.925 / 3.185.059
02. [NSW] Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 52.434 / 558.432
03. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 52.195 / 2.711.204
04. [NSW] Minecraft – 46.963 / 1.192.902
05. [NSW] Mario Sonic at the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 – 44.605 / 239.733
06. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 43.274 / 3.496.326
07. [NSW] Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch – 41.455 / 76.151
08. [NSW] Super Mario Party – 37.903 / 1.301.613
09. [NSW] Fishing Spirits: Nintendo Switch Version – 30.705 / 367.700
10. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 30.432 / 526.071