Total shipments for Persona 5 have topped more than two million units worldwide, Atlus announced.
Atlus notes that Persona 5 has earned critical acclaim since its initial launch, receiving recognition and awards from media outlets and fans. Most recently, Persona 5 has been nominated in four categories for The Game Awards 2017, which will be held on December 7, including “Game of the Year,” “Best Art Direction,” “Best Score / Music,” and “Best Role-Playing Game.”
Other awards include:
- Japan Game Awards 2015 – Future Division Award
- PlayStation Awards 2016 – Gold Prize / Users’ Choice Prize Winner
- VFX-Japan Awards 2017 – Game Video Division Excellence Award
- IGN Japan Games of the Year 2016 – No. 1 Title
- Dengeki Online Awards 2016 – No. 1 Best Console Title
- Dengeki PlayStation Awards 2016 – No. 1 Best Title of 2016
- Famitsu Awards 2016 – Excellence Award
- CEDEC Awards 2016 – Game Design Division Excellence Award
- Famitsu Overall Games Poll – No. 1 Title in the All Genres Division / No. 1 Title in the RPGs Division
- Japan Game Awards 2016 – Excellence Award
- PlayStation Awards 2017 – Users’ Choice Prize
“This has been an incredible year for our company, one that represents our ambitions for Japanese games in the west,” said Naoto Hiraoka, president CEO of Atlus U.S.A. “We are in the middle of experiencing tremendous growth, both in the west and abroad, and the sales of Persona 5 represent a new level of expectation for fans of the genre. Once seen as niche, Persona 5 is one of the most important titles this year, proving interest in this category is expanding. We look forward to delivering more incredible games to our fans next year.”
Persona 5 first launched for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in Japan in September 2016, followed by the Americas and Europe in April 2017.